1. Review recommendations from the various constituents, administration, academic senate, classified staff, and students and forward a recommendation to the President.
2. Recommend to the Academic Senate changes in campus-wide philosophy and missions statements, and the goals and
objectives of Porterville College to the President.
3. Develop, monitor, review, and recommend campus-wide research processes, measures, and results; and campus-wide educational planning processes.
4. Analyze all planning processes and actions of any impacts upon, and relationship to, the Porterville College Institutional Plans to the President.
5. Establish fiscal priorities for the College, serve as a fact-finding body for budgetary priorities, and make recommendation to the College President for both short-term and long-term budgetary needs.
6. Serve as communication liaison with other staff and students to relate rationale for budgetary decisions.
7. Review budget recommendations from the Budget Subcommittee and make recommendations to the President for additions and/or deletions to balance budget.
8. Collect and review recommendations from the Enrollment Management Subcommittee, Budget Subcommittee, and Strategic Planning Subcommittee to make a recommendation to CC for final recommendations to the College President.
9. Review and recommend to the president hiring priorities, utilizing the formal process, as they relate to the Educational Master Plan.
10. Review campus research and research needs as a basis for implementing program review, assessment, and planning processes.
11. Review and recommend divisional structures and reorganization plans to the President.
12. Review and recommend to the President facility requirements and needs.
13. Review and recommend any comprehensive enrollment management strategies and plans, including student recruitment, registration processes, and scheduling to the President.
14. Review and remain current on laws and legislation affecting educational programs and instruction.
President (**ex officio) 1
Vice President, Academic Affairs 1
Vice President, Student Services 1
Vice President, Finance & Administrative Services 1
* Division Chairs 9
Academic Senate President 1
Academic Senate President Elect (ex officio) 1
* Director, Enrollment Services 1
* Director, Student Services 1
* Director, Financial Aid 1
* Director, Equity and Educational Services 1
* Director, Student Programs & Athletics 1
* Director, Maintenance & Operations 1
* Director, Information Technology 1
* Coordinator, Disability Resource Center 1
Institutional Researcher 1
* Manager, Human Resources (**ex officio) 1
Reference Librarian 1
* Adjunct Faculty Representative 1
* CCA Campus Chair 1
* CCA Campus Representative 1
* CSEA President 1
* CSEA Vice President 1
* ASPC President 1
* ASPC Vice President 1
* or designee
** ex officio (Non-voting member)
Total Membership 36
President (ex officio, non-voting) Dr. Claudia Habib
Vice President, Instruction Dr. Thad Russell
Vice President, Student Services Primavera Arvizu
Vice President, Finance & Administrative Services Dr. Arlitha Williams-Harmon
(Interim) Dean, Instruction Michelle Miller-Galaz
(Interim) Dean, Instruction Joe Cascio
Associate Dean, Health Careers Kim Behrens
* Director, Enrollment Services Erin Cruz
* Director, Financial Aid Tiffany Haynes
* Director, Equity and Educational Services (vacant)
* Director, Student Services Frank Ramirez
* Director, Student Programs & Athletics Gerred Links
* Director, Information Technology Jay Navarrette
* Director, Maintenance & Operations John Word
* Manager, Human Resources (ex officio, non-voting) Johanna Fisher
* (Interim) Program Manager, Safety & Security (guest, non-voting) Todd Dearmore
* Coordinator, Disability Resource Center Errin Sullivan-Arcos
Institutional Researcher Michael Carley
Academic Senate President Robert Simpkins
Academic Senate President Elect (ex officio, non-voting) (vacant)
* Division Chair
Career & Technical Education James Carson
Fine and Applied Arts James Thompson
Health Careers Elizabeth Keele
Kinesiology Vickie Dugan
Language Arts Elizabeth Buchanan
Natural Science Kendra Haney
Mathematics Sherie Burgess
Social Science Karen Bishop
Student Services Patricia Serrato
* Coordinator, Outcomes (guest, non-voting) Melissa Long
Reference Librarian Chris Ebert
* Adjunct Faculty Representative Terry Crewse
* CCA Campus Chair Jay Hargis
* CCA Campus Representative Rebecca Baird
* CSEA President Vern Butler
* CSEA Vice President Shauna Williams
* ASPC President aspcpres@portervillecollege edu
* ASPC Vice President aspcvp@portervillecollege edu
* or designee
Co-Chair (Administration) Primavera Arvizu
Co-Chair (Faculty) Robert Simpkins
Co-Chair (Classified) Vern Butler
Secretary Jodie Logan
You can access the committee's other documents here: College Council Document Cloud Storage.